By Hollie Harris
If you’re looking for a new playground to take the kids to, you’re not short of options, with 10 Sunshine Coast playgrounds recently refreshed with modern new equipment.
Two basketball half courts have been also upgraded in time for the community to enjoy over the summer break.
The playgrounds with new equipment are at:
* Nelson Park, Alexandra Headland.
* Sam Bowda Park, Bli Bli.
* Casey Street Park, Bli Bli.
* Silverwood Park, Burnside.
* Glass House Mountains District Park, Glass House Mountains.
* Keith Hill Park, Golden Beach.
* Annie Drive Park, Peregian Springs.
* Shelly Beach Park, Shelly Beach.
* Saleng Park, Warana.
* Roy Thompson Oval, Yandina.
Basketball half courts at Monak Road, North Arm and Whistler Street in Bli Bli have been replaced with new concrete slabs, basketball hoops and line markings.
The playground at Glass House Mountains District Park, which is proving popular with residents from across the region, is a new addition to our region’s growing list of playgrounds and one of many facilities being constructed at the new park.
More playground upgrades are scheduled for 2018 – these improvements are just a few of many playground and recreational upgrades as part of council’s $237 million Capital Works Program.